We all know the challenges that virtual training can bring:
It is no wonder that for some organisations classroom training - especially for Health and Safety - is still king even in 2019.
But what if you could guarantee none the above would apply even in online training? What if the courses you provided for your teams were engaging, beautifully designed, included testing, games, certification, auto translation and could also be edited to include content specific to YOU and also represented YOUR brand values?
When choosing online training or eLearning there are several key features that the courses should contain with the above in mind.
1. Firstly, courses should have the ability to be "locked" so that users are unable to skip through the content and claim to the "done the training!". In the case of Compliance and Safety training this is key. There is little point asking your teams to sit through any kind of training course if they can merely skip through it and put a metaphorical tick in the Training Completed box!
2. Testing is also vital for any Training Manager to needs to keep a record of Individual Learning Objectives and KPIs. Without testing it is difficult for those in L&D to have faith in what their teams know and want they don't know. Especially important if you are a Safety Training Manager responsible for the welfare of a site team.
Cheat resistant testing will ensure that the user has really understood and assimilated the content - and proof of this should be provided in the form of certificates.
3. Boredom is - quite frankly - a real problem in any virtual training scenario.With the rise of bite sized, instant gratification information available online, making people sit through 30 minutes of online content may be seen as problematic.
This can be overcome but making the courses beautiful to look with rich media and interactive quizzes and multiple choice questions.
Catering for all audiences with male and female narrators and Tutors, and using inclusive and diverse actors and stimulating learning environments will go a long way to keeping engagement high and learners learning.
It goes without saying that multi device learning is now simply expected as many of us are choosing to spend our down time or travel time learning and upskilling.
4. Giving learners the choice of a personalised learning environment helps them to focus and concentrate or simply to learn in a way that suits them.
5. Other features of great eLearning also include remote updates - so you can rest in the knowledge that your learners have access to the very latest course content.
So if you have not thought about eLearning - or have scare stories about lack of engagement - download our free eBook or check out our website.
We have an extensive library of courses covering key skill areas from Leadership and Management fundamentals to Health and Safety essentials. We know companies need a learning solution specific to their requirements, training budget and learning culture.
At Engage in Learning we will work in partnership with you to help you find the right solution and use our flexible licencing model to ensure your learning is cost effective.
Speak to the experts: 01453 796222